From: Piedmont, Italy
Some time ago, Loredana Addari and Nicola Argamante, both with a degree in Agriculture and both specialized in Viticulture and Oenology decided to make a change, leaving their jobs in the city to buy a small estate (which only produced grapes) in the province of Cuneo, the heart of the Langhe hills: Monforte d'Alba. It is a family-run winery: the property is run and taken care of by Loredana, Nicola, and Loredana’s brother Lorenzo. The estate gets its name “Corsini” from the small hamlet of Monforte d’Alba, where one can admire the ancient stone houses. Instead, the name “Ruggeri” is Nicola’s mother’s surname: she helped them achieve their dream, financing the launch of the estate.
Barbera d'Alba wines are generally esteemed for their deep color, low tannins, and high levels of acidity. When young they offer fresh flavors of cherries, blueberries, and raspberries. Relatively rich, bold, and flavorful, the most powerful examples might just be compared to Barolo or Barbaresco. For a wine to be legally labeled as Barbera d'Alba, it must be made from at least 85 percent Barbera grapes. The other 15 percent may be made up of Piedmont's noblest wine grape, Nebbiolo, but intensely perfumed Dolcetto is not permitted for use.
Tasting Notes: The nose is fresh, with soft scents of ripe plum and on the palate silky dark fruits, subtle spice, with mouthwatering acidity.
Pairing: It should be served at a temperature between sixteen and eighteen degrees, ideally paired with starters and cold meats, pasta dishes with butter or cheese sauces, such as the traditional ‘plin’ ravioli, bagna cauda, or risottos and creamy cheeses.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.