Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and a chance to enumerate the many things for which we are grateful. Though we might not gather around a communal table (please remember we’re still in the midst of a pandemic, and the risk of contracting Covid-19 is higher than it’s ever been in Seattle), we hope that each of you can enjoy a chat with friends or family, and a warm meal with some great wine. And, on that note, we’ve got a Thanksgiving six-pack that will fulfill all your wine pairing needs for Thanksgiving and its inevitable leftovers.
The package includes a bottle of each of the below (with tasting notes and how we’d pair them):
- NV Lingot-Martin Bugey-Cerdon: Méthode ancestrale sparkling Gamay rosé. Light bubbles and low alcohol, with red fruit flavors, and finishing demi-sec. This wine is the perfect cranberry complement to your Thanksgiving turkey with its refreshing acidity and lift or a great wine to end the night.
- 2017 Naveran Brut Cava: This typical Cava blend (Xarello, Macabeo, and Parellada) is bright and lively, with notes of Meyer lemon and melon, with good minerality. Fleshy, dry and focused on the palate, with hints of orchard fruits, ginger spice, and slightly toasty. This wine is vegan and versatile; open it up while cooking, enjoy as an aperitif, it would be a perfect complement to combat the richness of stuffing, or even works with a fruity dessert.
- 2019 Jaja Sauvignon Blanc: This French Sauvignon Blanc has a very aromatic nose of white flowers and black currant buds. In the mouth, it is crisp, fresh, and zesty, with a citrus hint of honeyed grapefruit, lively and long. An excellent aperitif or wine to enjoy with turkey, and it can also be used to give great flavor to gravies.
- 2014 Bertrand Ambroise Lettre d’Eloise Coteaux Bourguignons: Medium-bodied, Pinot Noir with notes of cherry and cranberry, slightly green, and sharp acidity. The perfect antidote to the richness of the main meal, an excellent cranberry sauce substitute.
- 2018 Zestos Garnacha Old Vines: Lively red and dark berry aromas show good clarity and a touch of candied flowers. Supple and seamless in texture, offering juicy black raspberry and cherry flavors given spine by a gentle mineral nuance. Finishes fruity and broad, with a touch of white pepper adding lift and cut. Forgoing turkey and opting for red meat with your meal? This wine would be a lovely pairing with a pork chop or steak; it would also pair well with sauteed or roasted mushrooms.
- 2018 Cervoles Colors: Dark cherry red, with garnet tones. Viscous legs. Intense, pleasant nose with hints of the aging process predominating (smoky notes and licorice) and notes of red fruit (candied cherries) and black fruit preserve. Aeration reveals hints of spice and balsamic notes, alongside aromas of dried flowers. Very lovely mouthfeel, good volume, noticeable but very well-integrated tannins. Long, fresh finish. A Thanksgiving salad with cranberries or pomegranate seeds, fresh fruit, nuts, and a soft crumbled cheese, would be a perfect pairing for this wine, but it is versatile enough to go from salad to the main course.