Cava is Spain’s most famous sparkling wine. In order to be called Cava,
the wine has to be made using the Champagne method, or método
tradicional, where the secondary fermentation happens in the bottle.
• 95% of Cava is produced in the Penedés area of Catalonia, located just
southwest of Barcelona. It is no wonder that Cava is the drink of choice in
the many tapas bars of the great city.
• The grapes used for German Gilabert come from the subzone Alt Penedes,
where the highest elevation plots are located. Only native grapes are used,
and the wine is bottled without added sugar, or Brut Nature.
• German Gilabert is a cuvee made especially for JPS in collaboration with a
vintner whom has deep roots and intimate knowledge of Cava production.
• Vinification: Fermented in stainless steel vats; Base wine rests on the
lees for 45 days; Secondary fermentation in the bottle, a la Methode
Champenoise; Raised on the lees 18 to 20 months before disgorgement;
Bottled with no dosage.
• Character: Fresh, fine bubbles, citrus, mineral, medium bodied, elegant,
concentrated, dry, and long.
• Gastronomy: Bacalao, Anchovies, Croquetas, Jamón, Seafood
Grape(s) 50% Macabeo,
Soil(s) Sand and Limestone
Elevation 350 meters
Vine Age 30-35 years old
Farming Practicing Organic
Pruning En Vaso
Production 2000 cases
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.