From: Champagne, France
Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has honoured this vision with each new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the most generous expression of Champagne.
Krug Grande Cuvée is re-created every year, beyond the notion of vintage and is a blend of over 120 individual wines from more than 10 different years. The fullness or flavours and aromas achieved by this careful art of blending would be impossible to express with the wines of a single year.
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE 169ÈME ÉDITION IN ESSENCE:
▪ It is a blend of 146 wines from 11 different years, the youngest of which is from 2013, while the oldest dates back to 2000.
▪ Its final composition is 43% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 22% Meunier.
▪ A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition its distinct expression and elegance.
THE STORY OF ITS CREATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2013, a year that beautifully expressed the unique characters of some of the House’s iconic plots.
▪ The season began with a seemingly endless winter followed by a rainy and cool spring. Luckily, summer was hot and sunny, although also marked by hailstorms, which took their toll in the vineyards. The wines of the year were generous, expressive and full of flavors.
▪ To create this Édition, the Cellar Master looked to accentuate the year’s fullness and beautiful aromatic elegance with different plots’ wines from almost every year of the first decade of the millennium. ▪ In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 40% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée
▪ A light golden color and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
▪ Grilled notes and flavors of almond paste, quince, lemon, limoncello and dried fruit.
FOOD & WINE PAIRING INSPIRATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition lends itself to a wealth of culinary combinations, from the simplest to the most sophisticated, from an aged parmesan to turbot à la truffe.
▪ It can be enjoyed as an aperitif with Jabugo ham and mature comté or served to accompany oysters, grilled shrimps, Indian or Moroccan food, as well as desserts such as carrot cake, tarte tatin and cheesecake.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.