Varietal: 35% Cariñena, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Garnacha
Tasting Notes: Medium-deep red with flecks of violet; ripe cherry flavors; blueberries; smooth, well integrated, oaky, toasty aromas; medium-bodied; fruit-driven; fine ripe sweetness; good acidity; perfectly balanced; round ripe tannins; long, ripe fruit finish
Pairing: Lamb, entrecote, game (partridge, quail, rabbit); pizza, pasta; stews, casseroles, vegetable (mussaka, ratatouille), cheese
At Capçanes, here at the southern part of Priorat, our lands and people have a long history of winemaking, and how proud we are to be bottling it nowadays. Celler Capçanes was founded by a few families here back in 1933.
The market needs changed and so did we. Later on, we realized quantity and pooled resources were not enough and so we decided to grow even further.
How far you ask?
Well, we managed to convince 80 different people from our village to invest in our winery (theirs as well) and started making kosher wine, under Mevushal method, that happened to knock down some borders and be a huge success.
Actually, 5% of what we bottle annually is our kosher and the other 95% is a wide arrange of young, semi Crianza and higher-end wines. We love to put the best expression of the village where we work in each of these bottles, and to do so we have an incredible team behind it.
From the farmers working the vineyards to the staff at the cellar and the winemaker, Anna Rovira, they make possible the magic of our wines, without forgetting, of course, the dedication and passion that all of us put in what we do.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.