From: Loire, France
Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
Taste: Complex aromas of white peach, citrus, and mineral tones. Each sip brings a refreshing bounty of bright citrus fruits (grapefruit), white peach and a pleasant salinity.
Pairing: Drink Le Cerf Blanc with any type of goat cheese, as inspired by the ashy goat cheese native to the region called Saint-Maure de Touraine. A simple cheese and crackers are always a good idea, but if you wanted to expand this pairing into a meal this recipe would be great: Grilled Zucchini with Goat Cheese and Balsamic-Honey Syrup.
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 medium to large zucchini (I used about 1 ¼ pounds)
1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive or grapeseed oil
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 ounces (½ cup) crumbled goat cheese, more or less to taste
1. Place the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer, stirring often. Simmer until the mixture is reduced by approximately half, stirring occasionally. The balsamic mixture should be slightly thick and syrupy, although it will thicken a little more as it cools. Remove from heat and set aside until zucchini is cooked.
2. Slice the zucchini into rounds on a slight diagonal, about ½-inch thick.
3. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the salt and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain the zucchini, and then toss with the oil, black pepper, and red pepper, if using.
4. Heat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Cook the zucchini for five or six minutes on the first side before flipping, and then cook for another three to five minutes on the second side. The zucchini should have nice grill marks on each side and be tender but not mushy.
5. Arrange the zucchini slices on a large plate or platter. While the slices are still warm, sprinkle with the goat cheese, and then drizzle with a few tablespoons of the balsamic-honey syrup.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.